Mid-year application for a primary, infant or junior school place
Please do not use this form to apply for a Reception or Year 3 Junior School place for next September as these applications should be made via Essex County Council
Important information before you apply
What is this form for?
You should use this form to apply for a place at our School
A separate form is required for each child.
When should I apply?
- Applications for transfer at the start of the next academic year or the next term will not be dealt with until the half term prior to the requested admission date.
- Applications received too early will be returned and you will need to re-apply at a later date.
- We cannot accept an application for Spring term (January) until the preceding Autumn half term holiday i.e. October.
- We cannot accept an application for Summer term (Easter) until the Spring half term holiday i.e. February.
- We cannot accept an application for Autumn term (September) until the Summer half term holiday i.e. end of May.
- If you have just moved into the area and your child is without a school place please note that your application will be dealt with within 15 school days. Evidence of your new address will be required in the form of either a signed tenancy agreement / exchange of contracts / council tax or driving licence.
- If you apply shortly before or during a school holiday a decision may not be given until the school has re-opened.
Admission of children living overseas
You may apply for a place when you have moved to the UK. Please return at this stage and we will be able to process your application.
Should you require an application form in paper format, please contact the School Office.
KEY DATES FOR THE 2021 /2022 SCHOOL YEAR
8th November 2021 - Parents can apply for a primary school place from this date
15th January 2022 - Closing date to apply for a school place for your child for September 2022
19th April 2022 - National Offer Day (Parents are informed of the outcome of their application)
14th May 2022 - Deadline by when appeals should have been lodged
ADMISSION TO THEYDON BOIS PRIMARY SCHOOL
In the event of oversubscription, places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
1. Looked after children and previously looked after children.
2. Children with a sibling attending the school*.
3. Children living within the priority admission area of Theydon Bois Primary School.
4. Children living within the priority admission area of Coopersale and Theydon Garnon CE, Epping Primary, Epping Upland CE and Ivy Chimneys Primary Schools.
5. Remaining applications.
* The criteria of children with a sibling is only relevant in Year 6 if the application is for a mid-year transfer.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from school, those living closest being the highest priority.
Theydon Bois Primary School is part of the Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust (EFSPT).
It is the policy of the Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust to administer all mid-year enquiries by email:
Essex County Council co-ordinates all admissions into primary schools within Essex and all applications for places at the school should be made via them. If you wish to apply for a place for your child at Theydon Bois Primary School, please contact Essex County Council:
Telephone: 0345 6032200 Email: email@example.com
If you have a child who is due to start school in September 2022 and you wish to arrange a tour of our school, please submit the form below or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, If you would like to be added to a waiting list for a tour date that is full please contact the school office on 01992 813083 option 2
The date you require
Child's Full Name
Date of Birth
These tours are for adults only, please do not bring children with you to the session, as this can be very distracting to yourselves and other prospective parents and space is very limited.
Your visit will consist of a presentation by the Headteacher Mr Rall and a tour of the school.
Wednesday, 10th November 9.30 am until 10.00am (Full)
Wednesday, 17th November 9.30 am until 10.00am (Full)
Tuesday, 23rd November 9.30 am until 10.00am
Thursday, 25th November 9.30 am until 10.00am
Wednesday, 1st December 9.30 am until 10.00am
For children starting infant, junior or primary school from September 2022
19th April 2022
National Offer Day - parents informed of outcome of application
17th May 2022
Deadline for submitting appeals
7th June to 19th July 2022
Appeals heard for those submitted by the deadline and where possible, for late appeals (last day of term: 21st July 2022)
September 2022 onwards
Appeals heard for any appeals not heard before 21st July 2022
Please help your child be school ready, using the links below:
Games and activities to support children's communication skills when you're out and about this coming year.