Aims and Values
We believe that children achieve more if they feel happy and secure and aim to create such an atmosphere at Theydon Bois. The personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve, which is why we aim to develop children in all of these areas. We hope to instil in them a value for learning and aim to teach them how to think rather than what to think. We value our close partnership with parents and aim to promote an atmosphere of understanding and co-operation between home and School.
In order to achieve the highest possible standards of education, we aim to:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Ensure that every child is appropriately challenged.
- Develop the whole child - academically, socially, emotionally, culturally, morally and spiritually.
- Provide structured and planned activities to ensure continuity and progression in children’s learning.
- Equip children with the essential skills of creative and critical thinking
- Develop confidence and independence to prepare children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Provide equal opportunities for all pupils to learn and achieve, irrespective of social background, culture, race, gender, differences in ability and disabilities.